THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 8

All dressed in white


MIB had his first baptism a few weeks ago with the Roble family. Here they are pictured, all dressed in white before the baptism. I can see the joy just radiating from MIB's face. He looks very happy! This was his companion's last weekend before he went home. Elder Sibbet has been in the mission field for two years now. Training MIB was his final task before returning home to the states. Thank you Elder Sibbet for the great example and teacher you were for MIB. We know he was in good hands with you by his side!

MIB has a new companion now. "I got a new companion. He is awesome, but a complete opposite. He touched a basketball for the first time Thursday night. He is teaching me how to cook if I teach him how to play basketball. Haha. He is 5'5''." MIB also seems to be enjoying the area. "The area is getting better and better. Sunday I fried my brain. I have never had to coordinate so much in so little time with only a translator." I can see he is learning and growing so much already!
He did manage to share a few Ilonggo words. The first is "basta," it means "anyway." The other is "kuwa," meaning, "my name is."

Basta, it sounds as though things are going well and he's loving the work. I can't wait to hear (and eventually taste) what MIB learns to cook. I'm hoping it has a few different ingredient than sisig. Otherwise, I may just observe the cooking rather than taste it. Oh bother! Why not live a little? If MIB cooks it, I'll taste it!

4 comments:

tammy said...

WHAT??!?! A whole family?? That is exciting and impressive! He just looks so dang happy!!! I love your updates--thanks a lot!

angie said...

What a great experience! I love the pictures of Princess playing ball. She is such a joy in YW :)

Heather said...

The field is truly ready to be harvested there - it's something that we in north america can't imagine. They are so grateful for the gospel and oh, so ready. How wonderful for him to be a part of this work. He is having a great beginning of his journey there! By the way - I tried to vote but it didn't let me or I couldn't figure it out - but I vote "A day to let others know that I love them"!

Admin said...

A section in Liahona about a local story that about 4 families were baptized in a day, it was really like a reunion and it really is when they attend Church service every Sunday. Just look at their happy faces and grateful hearts when they were baptize and Elder Wade baptizing them. But above all things, our Heavenly Father smiling brightly and looking down at them and could have said to E. Wade, "Well done my child".

@Heather:

Elder McCook baptized 4 of the investigators that we were teaching and it was a really moving experience. I couldn't believe it they even cried on their testimonies. One girl said that she thought the baptism would be canceled or postponed due to the hard rain and she doesn't have a fare together with her cousin that was about to be baptized that time too. All she did was go to their room and pray earnestly to her Heavenly Father to help her.

There are still a lot of souls waiting for them to be rescued. Thanks for sharing, can't wait for my own experience too!