THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 14

Many Hands Lighten my Soul

Friday was my Church's Christmas dinner. 250+ people signed up to attend and at least that many did! It was a great turn-out. It started with a visit from Santa and crafts for the kids. Music, Food, great music and more food came next and then... the clean-up. So many stayed to help clean-up and stuck it out until the bitter end. But because there were so many, the end wasn't bitter.
It was wonderful to see all those, who volunteered, wash dishes, sweep, mop, move chairs, take out trash and ask "what can I do." In the past a few others and myself would be cleaning at the church until 11pm or so. This year - I left by 9pm!
Salamat! Salamat ("Thank you," in Tagalog) to all of you who stayed to help. You really do make a difference. Your many hands lightened my soul! At a time of year where time and energy is in high demand, I personally felt your service!
Mabuhay!

0 comments: