THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1

Sunshine, beautiful Sunshine


Mail - when anticipated so greatly, is like sunshine! We have received sunshine from MIB!! He's doing well. His companion likes basketball too - so they get along great.

I've always been told that missionaries eat very well at the MTC. In fact, Jared said he gained 21 pounds (in just 19 days!) during his stay at the MTC. However, MIB says that he is always hungry and thirsty. Strange! I'm sure care packages would help his hunger and thirst. I figure that he's being fed so well mentally and spiritually that his physical body is feeling left out. : )
Yet, we can all feel good knowing that they have Sobes (his favorite drink) there, so he's drinking well!

He's having fun with the Tagalog language. Leave it to MIB and his companion to make up songs in Tagalog to brings a smile to all those who hear it.
He did give us some vocabulary, you may want to learn it too and use it when writing MIB, or whenever you have a conversation in Tagalog : )

Kumusta? - How are you?
Mabubi - Good
Magandang umaga - Good morning
A no ang pangulan mo? - What is your name?
Oo - Yes
Hindi - No
Mag- Inggles? - May I speak English

I do believe that I would probably use "Mag- Inggles?" the most, but I'll work on the others as well. Hopefully you'll give some a try too. Check back again for some more language lessons, and of course for more updates.

Magandang umaga!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi there Ginger,
I am so happy that you got a letter!! They really are your life line aren't they!? Crazy how you will soon live for a certain day of the week(p-day). Mitch will be an awesome Missionary!! Hope you are doing well.

Shelby said...

That is the craziest language EVER!! He should have lots of fun with that throughout his life...glad you heard from him and he's doing well. The count down continues.....

Admin said...

Really I love reading your posts, I don't know..

Gotta correct the Tagalog translations again..haha. It must have been typo errors I dunno.

Kumusta? - How are you?
Mabubi - Good
Magandang umaga - Good morning
A no ang pangulan mo? - What is your name?
Oo - Yes
Hindi - No
Mag- Inggles? - May I speak English

*Mabuti-Good
*Pangalan-Name

That's it, great job! Hope Elder Wade would enjoy every single experience he gets in the field and the words. :)