THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9

More Tagalog vocabulary


MIB sends his thanks to all who have corresponded with him since he's been in the MTC. He loves the letters and packages. He is somehow, still hungry all the time.

Here are some more vocabulary words to use when you write him -
Gutom ako - I am hungry (He must use this one a lot)
Maganda ko - You are beautiful
Mabuhay - Long live
Totooang simbahan - The church is true
Salamat - Thank you
Mahal Kita po - I love you w/respect

If you only use one phrase this week, I hope it's "Salamat!"

Mabuhay!

3 comments:

angie said...

Um, I would have a hard time learning that language! How fun for Mitch! Glad he and you are doing well :)

tammy said...

He can't exactly stand to lose weight now, can he? hope he gets enough food wherever he goes! I like food.

Admin said...

Gutom ako - I am hungry (He must use this one a lot)
Maganda ko - You are beautiful
Mabuhay - Long live
Totooang simbahan - The church is true
Salamat - Thank you
Mahal Kita po - I love you w/respect

Great job on MIB,er--Elder Wade for learning the national dialect of the Philippines. You won't be lost here when you know the basics of it except if he get to be transferred in Cebuano-speaking areas. They prefer their local dialect than the national's. A little introvert,huh?haha.

Just a few corrections though.

**Maganda Ako-I am beautiful
*Maganda-beautiful
*Ako-me/I
**Totooang simbahan-there should be a space between Totoo and Ang

***Po or opo are used to mean respect to the person you're speaking with.

I love your posts really, it's so cool to read and I'm sure many people are learning from it. :)