THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 25

The most beautiful place on Earth!


At the first of May, MIB was transferred to Guimaras. "Pretty much I LOVE IT HERE :D I am on Guimaras (the little island between Negros and Panay). Remember Elder McCook talking about his area that they built a thing in there backyard for church? Well, that's where I am now :D We have two "groups," its smaller than a branch. My companion is the group leader of the group that meets in my back yard. I go to a far away place in our area to attend the other group. My companion is Elder Parrenas. I am his first white companion. This area is so beautiful; I can't wait 'till I get a new card reader so I can send you pictures :D " Above is a beautiful sunset on Guimaras.

Right: MIB and his new companion, Elder Parrenas.

"To get here we road an ocean jet (pretty much a jet in the water) to Iloilo then a different kind of boat from Iloilo to Guimaras. While on Iloilo I got to meet Elder McCook. It was like meeting someone I knew."

As a little background on Elder McCook - His mother and I began emailing just after MIB received his call. She helped me in preparing for MIB to leave home and continues to share stories from Elder McCook's experiences there. She has become a great friend to me and our sons have come to know each other through the stories we've shared of emails and such. Elder McCook comes home this fall, so it was wonderful they were actually able to meet! Who knows, maybe there is still a chance for them to be companions before Elder McCook's mission there is finished.

Prior to leaving Silay City, MIB had some other experiences to share:

"This week was interesting, to say the least. I lost my companion for half a day. I rode a carabao (pictured at left with Elder Winegar and Elder Lecheminant) and almost got eaten by a monkey (luckily he was chained down and I was just out of the chains reach). I think I can send pictures so I'm going to try. We should have 10 baptisms on the 25th of April and I'm way excited for that :D" A little "small world" side note: MIB and Elder Lecheminant lifeguarded together at SevenPeaks a couple summers ago. Small world!

"General conference was amazing. I learned a lot about ahhh everything! Especially Elder Holland's talk (he would have to be my favorite). I learned a lot about the atonement and that God had to leave Jesus so he could feel spiritual death just as we do when we sin. I had actually been thinking about how Jesus knew our pains when we sinned since he never did. I had thought about it almost every night this last week. It is amazing how the Lord works through the Apostles and speaks to us. We only got to watch Sunday conference so if anything stuck out to you during Saturday, please share. If Dad or Josh could do the same with priesthood session. Thanks tons! Oh, by the way, a thought that came to me while I was listening to several people talk about the importance of going to the temple. Since I can't go to the temple, ahh ever for the next year and a half (yes 6 months is on the 22 :D) Will you and Dad try to go every week for me? :D"
It's hard to believe that MIB has already completed 1/4 of his mission! It is wonderful to get to share the experiences with him through email and pictures!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ginger,
Isn't is so great to get those pictures and see that smiles on their faces!! It would seem that all is going well. Thanks for sharing.de

angie said...

It is good to see he is doing great! What great experiences he is having. Beautiful location! It was a fun post to read. :)

Heather said...

Ginger -

E McCook told us on Mother's Day how excited he was to FINALLY meet your son! He is still holding out hope that they will be able to serve together or in similar areas before coming home - only 3 more transfers!! I recognize the people in the group picture and it brought tears to my eyes. You become so attached to people that your missionary works with - members or investigators. The people of Guimaras are very special. It was exactly this time last year that E McCook was there for 4 transfers. All our best to E Wade as he works with these dear people!

Adriane said...

Oh, he looks like he is having so much fun! He just glows. Thank you for posting all these great pictures!

Admin said...

Hi Ginger, it's so cool to stumble upon your blog. I'm from Jaro, Iloilo. Elder Wade wasn't assigned to our ward (yet), probably in the future he will but I'd like to let you know that I really really enjoyed the Mission Call video and his reaction about being assigned in our country. I am currently preparing to serve the Lord on the second quarter next year when I turn 21 and I'm very ecstatic about it.

Really mission reminds me of the hymn, "In the hallow of Thy hands as he grows from boy to man". I love the testimony that Elder Wade gave when he heard Elder Holland's talk. It was indeed a very moving talk and I'm very grateful for the gospel and he's my favorite Apostle too. I know, there should be no favorites but just can't help it.

@Heather

Elder McCook was assigned to our area. I don't know if he mentioned about Jaro, Iloilo. However he was transferred like a week ago in San Carlos, Negros. It was like a dream come true for him for he said he wants to learn Cebuano too so when he gets home he could teach in MTC. Bless this wonderful man he has the heart of a real servant.

@Ginger,

Thanks for posting the pictures and the stories behind them. Hope you could get more updates from your son and more and more prospective missionaries would be inspired and uplifted as they get to see that serving the Lord is the most amazing and the best thing every LDS could do.

I hope Elder Wade would get to be called in our ward so I could tell him about how proud you are of him.